(Pastor Telcy, 10/9) We are currently living in uncertain times with the outbreak of Covid-19. During times like this, our faith can be challenged, and it can be hard to see where God fits in with this new normal. I want to share this poem with you from an unknown author:
Not everything is cancelled....
Sun is not cancelled
Spring is not cancelled
Love is not cancelled
Reading is not cancelled
Devotion is not cancelled
Music is not cancelled
Imagination is not cancelled
Kindness is not cancelled
Conversations are not cancelled
Hope is not cancelled
And God's love for His people is never cancelled.
Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
(Debbi Councill, 10/4) Just happened to pull up the Bell today on RUMC website and saw the sweet and well-deserved article you wrote about Joe. Such a nice blessing and praise for what he does. He always has a smile on his face and has never met a stranger. He was definitely my superhero when I lived in Brandon...helping me with handyman stuff and extricating frogs from the premises of which I am terrified . And Alexis and I always enjoyed his abilities on the drums at early service.
(Marti Reed, 10/2) I just celebrated my 75th birthday with little fanfare. Keep me on the prayer list. I contracted some virus but thankfully, it’s not the coronavirus. Similar symptoms but no high fever.
(Karen Stowe, 9/25) Ray's brother, Stan, just found out he needs a heart transplant—earlier surgeries and a pacemaker are not doing enough. Please pray for him and his family. Thank you!
(Connie Mosley, 9/23) Pastor Norma and Rey are moving next month to South Carolina for medical reasons. Because we can't do anything together it has been suggested we send notes and cards. It would be nice if our members showed her what she meant to us. We could all write a note or a card telling her how her teachings changed us in some way, or how she made us feel just talking to her. Let her know we love her and that she will be missed. We will pray for healing for Rey and her family. Their address is 308 Benson Street, Valrico, 33594. Thanks in advance for participating.
(Jack Findlay, 9/18) Rules from God:
1. Wake Up!! Decide to have a good day. “Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!” (Psalms 118:24)
2. Dress up!! The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. “The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel, 16:7)
3. Shut Up!! Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. “He who guards his lips guards his soul.” (Proverbs 13:3)
4. Stand Up!!... For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything.. "Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good" (Galatians 6:9-10)
5. Look Up!!... To the Lord. "I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
6. Reach Up!!... For something higher. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, And He will direct your path."(Proverbs 3:5-6)
7. Lift Up!!... Your Prayers. "Do not worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.” (Philippians 4:6 )
(Rev. Louis Telcy, 9/3) As Christians, our source of hope and peace never waivers despite life's circumstance. we have the great assurance of believing and trusting in the wonderful promises of God, found in the Bible.
If you are searching for peace in these troubling times, please read on. we believe these Bible verses will bring you comfort—a comfort that God desires you to have. you just need to receive it from him. God is offering it to you. it is now your choice to put your hope in Him.
(1) Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
(2) I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. in the world you will have tribulation. but take heart; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)